Keep yourself, your family, and your friends safe this Super Bowl Sunday. Designate a sober driver to and from your super bowl party. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)'s campaign “Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk” is a reminder to all of us to stay safe on the roads this Super Bowl Sunday.
According to the NHTSA, Super Bowl Sunday is a day for high incidences of drunk driving fatalities. From 2012 statistics, the NHTSA reports that 43 percent of deaths in auto accidents involved drunk drivers compared to the average of 31 percent for the rest of the year.
Please party responsibly for Super Bowl Sunday. Try these strategies to arrive home safely:
- Designate a sober driver. If you plan in advance to have a sober ride to and from the game party, then you don't have to worry about it on game day.
- Program a local taxi company's number into your phone. Then your ride home is just a call away.
- Plan to walk to and from the party if it’s at a nearby neighbor’s house. To be extra safe, designate a sober friend to walk you home.
- Plan public transportation before you go. Make sure you have a schedule with you or easy access to it on your phone.
- Spend the night at your friend’s house.
Remember that tipsy is still intoxicated. If you’ve been drinking at all, please don’t drive.
At Romano Law Group, our attorneys are committed to seeking the justice that auto accident victims deserve. If you or your loved one has been injured in an accident, please call us today at 561-533-6700 for your free consultation.