Halloween is a night of revelry for young and old alike. Many more pedestrians are in the streets than any normal night to collect candy in their Halloween costumes and enjoy spirits with friends.
As a sober driver, the night can be challenging because of the number of people out, but drunk drivers are responsible for many unfortunate fatalities. On the average Halloween weekend drunk drivers cause:
- 44% of fatal crashes
- 23% of pedestrian fatalities
- Three times as many people are killed by drunk drivers compared to New Year’s Eve
This Halloween weekend, plan ahead. Don’t become a statistic.
- Walk to the neighborhood party
- Get friends to carpool to festivities
- Designate a non-drinking driver
- Choose public transportation
- Put a local cab number into your phone
At the Romano Law Group, we understand that no matter how well you plan, you may still fall victim to someone else’s bad decision. Our attorneys are committed to seeking justice for accident victims. If you or your loved one has suffered severe injuries in an accident, please call 561-533-6700 today for your free legal consultation. We serve clients throughout Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, Florida.