Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. When you are shaken up by this unexpected event, it can be difficult to know what to do. It is important to stay calm and remember this tips:
- Call for medical help. If anyone is injured, the first thing you should do is call for medical assistance.
- Gather information. Make sure to get the names and contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures. Do not interfere with the police or first responders, but if you or someone you know can take pictures of the scene, it can help your case later.
- Record what you remember. It’s important to write down what you remember about the accident while it is fresh in your mind.
- Call an attorney. Insurance companies will often try to settle your claim right away before you really know the full extent of your injuries or how much your claim is worth. Call an attorney to protect your rights.
At Romano Law Group we represent bicyclists, drivers, and pedestrians who have been injured in accidents. If you are suffering with injuries, call us today at 561-533-6700 or contact Romano Law Group for your consultation with one of our experienced Palm Beach accident lawyers.