Corey B. Friedman
Serving nearby areas by Palm Beach and West Palm Beach, Florida
At Romano Law Group, Corey Friedman’s practice focuses on catastrophic injury and complex commercial litigation.
Mr. Friedman also specifically handles negligent security matters and he has successfully represented injured victims against multinational hotel groups, resorts, property owners and casinos.
Mr. Friedman’s diverse range of experience in commercial and business-related matters includes structuring and litigating business acquisitions and dispositions, representing start-up ecommerce businesses in theft of trade secrets and fraud, and formerly working with the Economic Crimes Unit at the Florida Attorney General’s Office. While there, Mr. Friedman worked on sensitive legal issues arising under Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act (Fla. Stat. Ch. 501) including: general consumer protection, the investigation of foreclosure rescue-related scams, negative options, and credit repair scams. Upon leaving, Mr. Friedman received a memorialized recognition from then Attorney General, Bill McCollum.
• Florida – All State Courts
• California – All State Courts
• United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
• Florida Justice Association, Member
• Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
• Society of American Magicians, Member
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
• Romano, John F. and Friedman, Corey B., Ten Reflections on the Backup Conspicuity Case, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, National Trial Lawyers’ Summit, January 2013.
• Friedman, Corey B., Submitted as: Deus ex Machina: eDiscovery and Covert Mobile Communications; Published as: Smart Devices and Our Ever-Increasing Addiction to Them; Southern Trial Lawyers Association (JUSTLAW), Vol. 5, Issue 2, Second Quarter 2013. Click here to view this article.
• Friedman, Corey B., Why the New Credit Card Settlement Might Grow Florida Businesses, Florida Bar Out of State Division, State-to-State, Spring 2013. Click here to view this article.
• Friedman, Corey B., The Dangers of Florida’s Fashionable Ban on Texting While Driving Law, F.S. 316.305 (2013), Southern Trial Lawyers Association (JUSTLAW), Vol. 5, Issue 3, Third Quarter 2013. Click here to view this article.
• Friedman, Corey B., Herman, Dustin B., Select Legal Concerns Regarding Social Media and The Workplace, Presented: 9/27/2013 – Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce. Click here to view this article.
Call the Romano Law Group today at 561-533-6700 to arrange your consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.