The legal resource in West Palm Beach
A personal injury claim starts when someone suffers some form of injury—either physical or emotional—as the result of another’s negligence or intentional conduct. Common personal injury claims include:
- Automobile accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Accidents due to unsafe premises (slip and fall or inadequate security), and
- Accidents caused by dangerous or defective products, which result in catastrophic injury or wrongful death
In a personal injury claim, Florida law allows the injured person to recover medical and related expenses, lost wages and damages such as permanent disability or disfigurement; inconvenience; loss of family support and services; and the capacity to enjoy life, as well as emotional damages such as pain and suffering. Before you are entitled to reimbursement for such losses, your attorney must prove that the defendant (in some cases more than one) is liable, or is legally responsible for your injuries and damages.
Video Transcript for the Hearing Impaired:
Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury and believe that you have a case, there are several important considerations when hiring a personal injury attorney:
- Lawyer contact. In many firms, paralegals are the primary point of client contact, not an attorney. In some instances, an attorney never touches the case. Romano Law Group takes every case seriously and will put you in direct contact with our personal injury attorneys.
- Courtroom experience. Many attorneys rarely try cases and simply do not have the necessary courtroom experience to take your case to trial. We have gone to trial in hundreds of cases, giving us extensive courtroom experience to better serve you. In the event that your case goes to trial, it’s to your advantage to have Romano Law Group’s Florida Bar Board-certified trial lawyers on your side.
- Legitimate lawyers. At Romano Law Group, not only have our attorneys tried hundreds of cases to verdict, but attorney John Romano is a past president of the Florida Justice Association, a 3,800-member organization dedicated to strengthening and upholding Florida’s civil justice system and protecting citizens’ rights. Additionally, Eric Romano serves on the Florida Justice Association Board of Directors and is actively involved in these efforts.
- Vast resources. In many personal injury cases, the defendant is a large corporation or insurance company with a powerful legal defense team. You need Romano Law Group’s skill, experience and extensive resources to effectively fight against defendants like these.
- In-house experts. The personal injury and general trial attorneys at Romano Law Group are among the most experienced in the country. Combine this with our determination, financial resources and in-house accident investigation team led by investigator Robert Hewitt, and we have what it takes to win even the toughest cases.
- Federal claims. Romano Law Group also handles cases involving personal injury claims against the United States Government, which are pursued under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). Many attorneys are unfamiliar with FTCA case technical requirements; others refuse FTCA cases due to restrictions on attorney fees. We know these types of claims and have the capability to represent those injured by government organizations or employees.
Romano Law Group serves victims suffering from auto accidents, catastrophic injury, wrongful death and other personal injury claims, as well as other legal matters requiring significant courtroom experience. We handle cases throughout the U.S, but focus primarily on cases where we live and work: West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton and South Florida.
Please contact us any time with questions about your legal rights or a potential case.